Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jumping Clinic with Des Lowe!

Welllll! Hello fans! Its been so long since my last post but lets face it, who wants to talk about the weather? I sure as eggs don't!

So this weekend was a 3 day jumping clinic. Nothing like a bit of jumping to blow out some winter cobwebs right? My Auckland mother came down for the weekend and I thought I had better do my best impression of a rodeo pony in case she decided to take me back with her. Hell, I don't want to go back there, Ive only just got Wellington mum trained!










I was SO naughty on the first day, I was just so excited to be out and about and who cares if it frightens small children to see me cavorting around! And, I have to say, I thought it was rather rude for Auckland mum to loudly proclaim that she thought I looked like a camel. How rude.

Des thinks that Im a bit of a clown, but really I was just warming up. Who wants to sit around all day chatting and working out how to turn corners properly? I don't! I want to jump big fences and go WHEEEEEE when I go down the grids. It makes my mum go white in the face, and gives my Auckland mum something interesting to take photos of. Including my handsome butt:




I did quite like a little grey horse who was in my group...I kept sidling over to him and no matter how much mum tried to drag me away I soon inched closer again. He kept squealing like a girl though whenever I got close. I think he likes me.




After the first days exploits, I was exhausted and decided I didn't want to do the 2nd day, so I sat up all night trying to pull off my shoe. Finally I got it off, and I flung it as far into the mud as I could. To my horror, mum found it and got someone to put it on for me!!!! Some guy called Alan held me for the farrier and I bit him - he said that what I needed was to go high country mustering for about a week, and then I'd have something to complain about ! Honestly, the nerve of some people.


Anyway, I had to jumpity jump, and show off my best side (my belly), and though I did some airs above ground again (have to keep up my reputation) I did try to behave. I even did perfect flying changes - I do like to show off and am rather exhuberant with my changes. I even do one time changes though generally its when Im coming into a big fence and mum won't let go of my face, rather than up the centreline during a GP dressage test!
I had a bit of a stretch before I went back to bed...




Anyway, thats my news for the weekend.




Its rather exhausting being me.


No comments: